Society for Empowerment & Environmental Protection (SEEP) was conceived by like-minded women empowerment promoters and environment protection activist’s in 2004 and became functional and registered in March 2005 for environmental protection, water & sanitation, poverty alleviation, alternative energy, entrepreneur development and empowerment of marginalized communities of Punjab, especially women.
It has grown gradually and efficiently over the years. It originated as a platform where activist could share innovative ideas in the development field and practice them at national/regional level.
- To assist people live in hygienic & healthy environment through launching awareness campaigns, training sessions and sanitation -promotion activities.
- Develop capacities of local government department officials, communities in solid waste management.
- Empower communities especially women through self help approach for long term sustainability and success of their struggle and outputs.
- Provision of cost effective, viable technology for sewerage water & effluents treatment.
- To develop and activate human resources in emergency relief sectors.
- Environmental protection, nature conservation & provision of options and alternatives.
- Efforts to promote alternative energy options.
- Ensure the use of safe drinking water and provision of more resources for water testing to the general public.
- Focus on bringing a positive change in attitudes of target groups especially women & children through behavior change campaign.
- Development of community physical infrastructures through participatory processes.
- Establish linkages with Government agencies and other NGOs/COs/FOs having similar objectives for utilization of resources in sustainable manner.